Wednesday, December 7, 2011

In Love.

There is some one new in my life, but I have a feeling that my love is unrequited. This is a reason for this: my new love is a house. A beautiful, beautiful house that, deep within my being, I feel is meant for my family.

I cannot stop thinking about this place. The center hallway, the welcoming porch,the cozy living room with gas fireplace, the thick, shiny plank hardwood floors, the humongous add-on kitchen with dining nook, the large deck, the huge yard with plenty of room for all sorts of vegetables, all the natural light. *sigh*

I have driven past this home many, many times. I always wondered what it looked like inside. Now I know, and it is even more amazing. The idea of walking up the porch steps and entering the double front door excites me.

But now, the downside: anxiety. We are an anxious family, each with our own peccadillos. How will the child cope with not having friends two doors away? How will we cope with her anxiety? Should the move be postponed until she's older? My heart is torn. My heart wants this house so badly, but my heart also wants to protect my daughter.

No comments: