Sunday, November 6, 2011

Does the blog need to be renamed?

So, this blog was started however many years ago, when I was reveling in the fact that I no longer worked in a cubicle and I could celebrate my hobbies; hence, "Regaining Brain Cells."

I got a 9-5 job. First day is tomorrow. And sure, I won't be in a cubicle, but an office, which really, is kind of like "The King's New Clothes" version of office-life awesomeness. Anyhow, I'm going in with a good attitude because I realize that in true Jaime-fashion, I am sincerely apathetic. I'm not nervous, I'm not excited, it's just something I have to do tomorrow. I don't really know what this job will hold, and frankly, I'm OK with that because after much soul searching during the past couple years, I've realized that I have no career goals. What I want to do with my life is be a mom. And I am a mom. And that makes me happy. I don't want 15 kids, or even 2 kids. I have 1 kid and that is perfect for me. I get to experience all the joys, annoyances, dramas, and bliss that comes with motherhood and that makes me happy. Being a mom is my career, and I like it.

I have no regrets about quitting a job that I hated to raise my daughter. The past five and half years were amazingly wonderful and brutally frustrating and exactly what I wanted. I still want it, I just have to make money. Unfortunately, motherhood has no salary, but fortunately, mucho benefits, which I will still reap.

Back to the title of the blog, I think I'll change it to "Maintaining Brain Cells" because, as most are, I am optimistic at the start of my new job venture. I have confidence that I will not let this job define me, or break me, torment me, or make me lose brain cells. Hell! I've working at pharmacy part-time for five years, true, it was only part time, but I didn't feel worthless or undervalued because I got what I want, need, and crave from my family. I hope that I can maintain this attitude with my new job.

2 comments:

Broomcakes said...

I love how you put this! Great post!

Kris said...

I'm so glad I checked in! Congrats on the new job. I think you and I are so much alike. I like my 9-5 job...but my real job is being a Mom and I LOVE that.
Best of luck to you! xoxoxo