Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Freezer Paper Fun!

I bought freezer paper awhile ago. I bought fabric (screen printing) ink/paint even longer ago. A few weeks ago, 2 unflattering, shapeless t-shirts were purchased in shades of purple and pink (surprise, surprise.)

This morning after art class, I decided it was time to actually do something with these items. It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to doing more (flattering) shirts. Maybe even some for myself!
Abby just wanted to make a square so I used a tile. I made a stencil of one of those cheap wooden cut outs. It turned out really cool, but of course, since I can never leave anything alone, I had to exercise my 1980s puff-paint techniques. Why do I have puff paint? Well, I don't know. I just do. Accept it. I went a little too far with the puff paint, but it's good enough for a child's sleep shirt, no?

No comments: