Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Super Sized.

Like the majority of the crafty blog readers, I made a few buttercup bags. They're so cute. They're so easy. They're so...small. Too small for me.

I super-sized the pattern and made myself a ginormous buttercup bag. It almost sounds ridiculous that a bag this big has the name "buttercup."

I added a top zipper, some batting to the top and the lining for stability, and a long strap. I skipped on the pocket because I didn't want the bag to hang weird. Overall, I love my new spring bag in the pretty spring fabric (thrifted for me...a gift from my dad.) So, this awesome new bag was free! Can't beat that with a bat.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Super cute! I was just thinking of enlarging the pattern also... do you mind telling me how much you increased it?
Thanks!

Jaime said...

Sorry it took me so long! I just measured.

I added 6"to the sides and 3 1/2" to the top and 3 1/2" to the bottom.

I kept the pleats the same size and distance apart, but they're basically non-existent.