Monday, April 27, 2009

Knot Dress.

So, a few months ago a friend of mine asked me to make her daughter a knot dress. I looked at the dress an immediately purchased the pattern. It is adorable!
A couple weeks ago, she sent me the fabric. I wanted to make Abby a dress first to see how everything worked together, how the pattern read, etc. Oh. My. God.

This dress is adorable! So cute! Very easy to follow, excellent fit, and very versatile.
I purchased fabric from etsy from 44th Street Fabric mainly because the fabric was pink (by request from Abby) and because coordinating yardage was sold together. Very awesome! The shop was fantastic, super fast shipping and free fat quarters.

Abby wore the dress yesterday and loved it. There is a small hole in the back...the seam wasn't sewn together properly; I need to fix that, other than that, a ton of compliments! I plan to make many more of these.

2 comments:

Broomcakes said...

Wow. This is spectacular. The fabric combos are brilliant!

Jaime said...

Thanks!
The pink & white stripe was actually purchased at Impact. The fourth fabric was green & white gingham, but Abby didn't like that. I thought the pink & white stripes worked better together, anyhow.