Monday, January 5, 2009

Projected Projects for 2009.

I have several things that I want to complete this year; in no particular order:
  • Pompom hat for sister #1
  • Fingerless gloves for my husband (he asked for them!)
  • The damn foliage hat that I started and undid about three times
  • Patchwork quilt for sister #2
  • Quilt for Abby
  • A hat and glove set for myself. (Undecided about pattern.)
  • Afghan for sister #1
  • Lace sampler shrug for myself

It's 5 days into 2009 and I have completed 2 projects, am working on another and yes, you guessed it, none of them are on my list.

Project #1: a pair of mittens for myself. They're orange and brown and I didn't take a picture of them yet. They're cute, but a stupid accessory for my RED winter coat.

Project #2: A pair of curtains for the least used room in the house. Makes sense, right?! I only bought the fabric because it was on sale at IKEA for $1.99 a roll. I made the curtains with no pattern, and I think that's pretty damn cool. Don't worry, I'm not fooling myself, I know simple hemming doesn't really constitute as a pattern.


Project #3: A slip-stitch scarf in a brown yarn. I only started it because me & Abby were staying at my parents' house for a few days and I didn't have anything else to work on.

Things I want to learn/improve in 2009:
instarsia knitting
quilting

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i just did a bunch of intarsia and i fucking hate doing it.

Jaime said...

I've never done anything with it besides little swatches. I really want to learn.