Monday, January 5, 2009

Mousse!

For New Year's Day dessert, I made Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse à l'Orange from Cooking Light. It was pretty good, but for my sweet-tooth, could have been a tad sweeter.
I did, of course, make some alterations. I used the juice of one orange instead of the Grand Marnier since my three-year-old would be eating it. I also used all the zest from the orange instead of just the recommended 1 teaspoon.
I was very pleased with the result, I've made chocolate mousse from silken tofu before and have yet to be disappointed. My father, the genetic contribution for my sweet-tooth, and hard-core meat eater really enjoyed it. Not until I was certain that he was genuinely enjoying the dessert, did I let on that it was made with tofu. He seemed a bit disturbed, but oh well.

No comments: