Friday, December 12, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung...

Awhile back McCall's was offering free patterns. Of course, all you had to do was pay shipping. Not too bad. Got a pattern for Christmas stockings. Finally broke that bad boy out the other day.

I adjusted the pattern a bit. Since all I have is your basic cotton fabric and the pattern calls for felt or home decor fabric, I made a lining out of thick muslin and added some interfacing for added sturdiness. Both of the decorative fabrics (the actual stocking and the cuff) are both fat quarters. I then ironed on some letters. (I know, they're not straight.) Oh, and let's pretend the photo is in focus too.



I really like this project for two reasons: one it makes me feel all Christmas-y and two (and the main reason) it's simple and quick...even with my added steps.

As an aside, I cross-stitched the stocking to the left 3 years ago for Joe. I finished it 2 days before Abby was born.

In closing, if you are a friend of mine and have decided to procreate or adopt (*wink wink* Amber), odds are your offspring will be receiving a Christmas stocking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am sure claude can make use of multiple stockings. :) hell, she's got xmas, hanukkah and kwanzaa to celebrate!