Friday, February 17, 2012

A food-related post!

It's been months! MONTHS! Since I did one of these.
The only good thing about being laid off from work is that I have time to make some pinterest recipes!

This is one I pinned a few months back and finally decided to make it.
Zucchini Fries.


The reason behind this? Awhile ago, my daughter, my sister, and myself had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. We ordered zucchini fries. My daughter devoured them! I deviously thought, "Huh. Interesting..."

I should have realized that she would not eat the ones that I prepared because:
1. They were not deep-fried and
2. I made them.

Critique:
Eh. And that's probably my fault. I skipped the parmesan cheese, accidentally. I also should have added some garlic powder, but am currently out of it. The texture was good, and the "fries" weren't mushy like I feared they would be. My husband even ate like 5 of them! Of course, I think that is due to the dipping sauce, which he loved. To me, the sauce was OK. I would have preferred dipping them in a creamy sriracha sauce, which I should have made, but didn't.

Anyhow, these won't be a weekly menu item, perhaps monthly.

No comments: