Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012.

Traditionally, resolutions are made with each new year. Traditionally, those resolutions are abandoned by February. Ordinarily, I do not make resolutions because I know myself well enough to know that they are fruitless. This year, however, I am making anti-resolutions. I resolve to not try to lose weight. I'm not going to exercise more.I am not going to be more organized. I know, I'm a fucking rebel.

I am done with beating myself up for eating doritos with my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I am going to get whipped cream on my salted caramel frappucino if I want it. I am going to get an everything bagel with cream cheese once in awhile. I will eat Turkey Hill cookies and cream ice cream because it tastes so much better than that "light" crap full of chemicals and unidentifiable ingredients.

I will exercise if I feel like it and not quit because I don't have a regular routine. Something is better than nothing. I will eat carrots because I like them, not because they have zero points. I will put Olivio on my baked potato because I want a healthy heart. I will choose whole wheat over white because I have never really like white bread. I will chose a hummus plate over grilled cheese because I like hummus.

I will not be ashamed of my body. I'm fat. That's just how I am. Just because I am fat, that does not mean that: my opinions hold less value, that I am lazy, that I can't be pretty, or stylish, or even sexy. I am fat and I'm healthy. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I like food. No. I love food. But not crappy McDonald's, or Applebee's, or Mrs. Smith's frozen pies. I love REAL food. Homemade pasta, homemade cookies & cakes. These are foods worth eating. Delicious food that makes me feel content, food that was made with love and care. Consequently, I also love to cook and bake. Knowing that you've made something that people genuinely enjoy is a wonderful feeling.

I'm not talking eating until I want to vomit, I'm talking about eating good food to nourish my body and my soul. I'm Italian, I like good food. There is no point in trying to stifle that part of myself.

Have a donut. (They're from Yum Yum's) And they are delicious. I ate a red velvet donut for breakfast with my coffee. Happy New Year!

No comments: