Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October 13. Leaf Projects.

Since we (I) collected so many leaves the other day during our walk through the park, I was trying to think of crafts to do with them.

I came up with the idea for a place mat (using clear contact paper),



and that then inspired a window decoration.



I really don't know how long they'll last (probably just the season), but they're pretty.

If we do it again next year, I'll probably trim the stems from the leaves since that kind of prevents the clear contact paper from bonding together. Also, overlapping the leaves isn't a good idea for the same reason.

2 comments:

Broomcakes said...

I vaguely remember doing something like this in kindergarten, except I think we used freezer paper, because we ironed the leaves in between something, and then framed them with construction paper.

Jaime said...

Hmmm... freezer paper is a good idea. We have more leaves left. Maybe we'll try that next.