Monday, October 19, 2009

An Awesome Thrifty Find!

During work on Saturday, I hit up Impact!

No cool sewing notions. No nice fabric. Crappy, fugly patterns. Before leaving, I decided to check out the books. I've gotten cool books from there before including a like-new Sunbeam mixer manual from the 1950s.

I was so excited when I saw this book peeking out from underneath torn up craft magazines. I quickly grabbed it and dashed to the counter. I didn't want anyone to intercept my ninety-six cent purchase!


This book is just so beautiful. It's in great condition, the directions are clear, the artwork is perfectly late-forties. I'm in love with this book. I keep perusing it and touching it. I want a glass case for it. (Half-kidding.)

The copyright is 1949. I scanned a few pages.


Tips on refashioning:


Hats! I love these hats!


And I just love the sketches!

No comments: