Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cinnamon Raisin Bread.

I bought some yeast the other day with the intention of making some whole wheat sandwich bread. After some internet searches, I came upon this cinnamon raisin bread. It's a quick bread and therefore doesn't require yeast. Ah well.I did alter it some. I used 1% cow's milk because some one finished up "mommy's milk" (light vanilla soy) with her Life cereal. I also used agave nectar instead of maple syrup. I also tossed the raisins in some cinnamon. I also skipped the nuts. The bread is tasty. And the house smelled wonderful... I got my first glimpse (sniff?) of autumn and got a little giddy. After the bread cooled, Abby & I had a half a slice each. I said, "Seems a bit chewy." She said, "It's supposed to be." And I realized she was right. It was more of a bread texture then the texture I thought it should be (banana bread-kinda-cakey-texture). In total, Abby had 2 1/2 pieces yesterday. I had 1 1/2. We put some butter on it and it was delicious!
A bonus: Super low in fat! Since I skipped the nuts (Abby doesn't like them) it only has 1 gram of fat per serving. Actually, it's probably less since the recipe cuts the loaf into 8 servings... we're getting more than that from the loaf.

No comments: