Monday, April 13, 2009

Lots of Food, One Picture.

Yesterday was Easter. While I'm not religious, we do celebrate the Easter bunny's arrival with brunch.
I made a french toast casserole, hash brown casserole, broccoli rabe and red pepper frittata, and basil-lime fruit salad.

First, the french toast casserole. I didn't have a piece of my own, but I sampled my husband's. The topping was delicious, how could it not be? It was butter, walnuts (instead of pecans), brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and corn syrup! The inside of it was too soggy for my liking.

The hash brown casserole was rich and tasty. It is similar to Cracker Barrel's. In my opinion, the french fried onions on top were unnecessary. The broccoli rabe & red pepper frittata was my favorite dish despite the excessive amount of cheese. It did not need the amount of cheese that was called for. I had leftovers for breakfast this morning and took off all the cheese.

The basil-lime fruit salad was yummy! Such an unusual combination, but worked perfectly in this fruit salad.

No comments: