Friday, March 13, 2009

Sometimes Ya Just Gotta Laugh.

Back when knitty first put this up, I think it was in December, I *knew* I was going to make them for my mom for her birthday(3/16). It took me awhile to find the 32 gauge wire. I finally found it at Michael's on Wednesday. (They must've done a reset because it wasn't there before.) ANYHOW...I started them as soon as the child was in bed. ACK! Pain in the butt. Even though the wire was the correct gauge, I think it was the incorrect type of wire because it just looked horrible. I was so frustrated, I just threw the wire out. Immature, I know, but it's better than throwing it across the room and then stomping on it, which is what I wanted to do.

So, now what? What to make for my mom? I remembered that I bought a set of vintage cloche hat patterns from etsy. The patterns are written kind of strangely, but after reading and re-reading, they're pretty easy. Or so it seems. I thought the seam allowance was including in the pattern. Nope. Oh well, I thought, it'll just be a test-hat and Abby can wear it. The pattern is quite vague, however, and doesn't go step-by-step on how to do things, unlike today's patterns. You'd think that wouldn't be a big deal since really, the pattern is only 6 pieces. Ha! Ha! I put the brim on upside down. And, to top it all off, the hat doesn't even fit Abby! I'm pretty sure the actual pattern pieces are incorrect...it's not the original pattern, it's drawn by the seller. *sigh* Live and learn. And laugh. How can you not laugh!?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the sad thing is, i NEED exactly the hat you just made, but i need it tomorrow. we are going to monstermania, and claude has a freddy kruger-stripe onesie, and this hat would make her the perfect freddy.