Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In the Closet and Frustrated!

My sewing machine is in a closet in my basement. The closet is long and narrow; an odd shape for such a sewing station, especially since the door isn't the full length of the closet. This means that the sides beside my desk are kind of jumbled, hard to reach black holes of unfinished projects and yarn. For now, it does the job.
It's not finished yet. For organizational (and OCD mental health) purposes, I'd like a book case. There's room. It's such an awkward space and its disorganization needs to be remedied or I shall soon go mad! To further my decent into madness, there is that dress that I tried to draft a pattern for. In theory, I did, in fact, draft a pattern. Is it functional? I. HAVE. NO. CLUE. Why, you ask? Well, I will tell you why. It is because of the evil known as ELASTIC THREAD!!! For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to make it work. It doesn't gather for me. I've adjusted tension. I've tried to roll the bobbin at various tensions as well. I've used basting stitches. I am about to give up, which is so defeating because I really feel like this pattern could work! In the photo below, you can see the picture of the inspiration dress, and my sketches. They taunt me each time I sit in my sewing chair.

No comments: