Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Favorite Part of Knitting Made More Fun!

FYI: that title is totally and completely sarcastic.

I don't like the process of unraveling a hank of yarn to make a ball. I just want to *start* the project. I don't like prep work. Kind of like when I want to start a cross-stitch project, I despise sorting out the colors. Granted, the last time I did that was when I was in the hospital after the birth of my daughter. And yeah, I think that project has about two or three stitches on it. (sidenote: when a nurse saw me separating the thread she said, "You're not going to have time for that anymore." Obviously, this nurse was not nominated for any awards for superior bedside manor.) I will get to it one day. It's been sitting in the same tote bag for almost three years. It'll happen. I swear.

Back to the point, if you want to know how to make a task you already abhor even more frustrating, add a kitten to the mix. (Please excuse my horrific need for fresh nail polish.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but he looks like he is having the time of his life!