Monday, August 6, 2012

Parenthood: The Shit No One Tells You.

1. When another kid is mean to your kid; not just bratty, but outright, sociopathically cruel to your child. You must fight ever urge not to punch, kick in the face, or gouge out the eyes of the sociopathic child. I never realized it was possible to hate a child. No one tells you... it is possible.

2. You will doubt yourself every day. Every. Single. Day. "Should I have yelled at her for that?" "Maybe it's not really a big deal." Etc.

3. I have screamed curse words at my daughter. The words, "Who the FUCK do you think you are?!" have actually left my lips, and were immediately inserted into my guilt bank. I confess. I have said "fuck" when screaming at my daughter. I dislike myself for it and I hate my lack of self-control, but sometimes, it's better than smacking her across the face when she tells you, "I hate you!" "Shut your mouth!" "Don't you talk to me that way!" I am sad to admit that, but no one else admits it, so I will.


No comments: