Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Beach Bum.

When I was in about fourth or fifth grade, I read a book about a time traveling brother and sister. I don't remember the details of how they discovered the time travel technique, but it involved staring at a photograph and eventually they were back in the 1950s, when their parents were young.

Ever since reading (and re-reading) that book, I would desperately try to achieve time travel via photograph. Needless to say, that it doesn't work. I wish it did though, I really wish it did.
Joanna Tursi Orfeo, my maternal great grandmother.

Wouldn't you love to sit on the beach with this lady? I mean really! Fully clothed, shoes laced, and not a care in the world. I never met her, but I love her. I think she's the genetic donor of my spontaneity. Ha! I'm so funny.



No comments: