Friday, June 15, 2012

Book Review: Bossypants

I've heard good things about this book. I saw it in paperback. For 20% off. I bought it. I read over two days. It's a super quick read and very entertaining.

I preferred reading about Tina Fey's childhood/teen years as opposed to her adult life on SNL and 30 Rock. To be honest, I sort of skimmed over the 30 Rock stuff, it just wasn't doing anything for me. Tina's writing about her childhood was wonderful. Funny and poignant. For me, one of the funniest sections is when she is referencing Joyce DeWitt from Three's Company. She's commenting how, during the 70s, blonde was "it" and all brunettes had to aspire to was Joyce DeWitt. (Woah! That rhymed.)

“If I ever meet Joyce Dewitt I will first apologize for having immediately punching her in the face and then I will thank her. For a while she looked like a Liza Minnelli doll that had been damaged in a fire, at least she didn’t look like everyone else on TV.” 

No comments: