Wednesday, March 14, 2012

You want fries with that?


I may be asking that soon. If I can't find a job. Which it turns out, I can't. Ugh. I'm so frustrated.

I feel like, and I have no evidence to back it up, but I feel like the years I spent at home raising my daughter are being held against me. I don't know what else it could be. Yeah, the economy is shitty, blah, blah, blah.

BUT... when a place you worked for 5 1/2 years before giving birth, a place where your husband and friend currently work will not even call you for an interview when you fit every requirement for a job, it's difficult not to ponder the motives.

True, I didn't like my job there when I was there. But that was six years ago. I have changed. I know that I am not looking for a career, when I was there before, I was. I felt underutilized and unappreciated. Now, I couldn't care less, underutilized me, don't appreciate me. I have other places where I can get those things.

Fuck it. Maybe it's time to clasp pearls around my neck, tie an apron around my waist and up my meds.

No comments: