Friday, April 2, 2010

Balance.

How do these women who have fourteen kids and a challenging yet creative career find the time to blog? Blogs incorporated with photos and witty quips and the amazement of every day life? HOW?

I have one kid. I work part time. I am in school part time. I have no time to do what I want, let alone blog about it.

I do school work, house work suffers. I clean my house, school work suffers. I do school work or house work, time with my daughter suffers.

What am I doing wrong?

Furthermore, I am feeling torn with things in my personal life that I am not about to put on this blog.

I feel like I need a good solitary (heh) cry.

All this and I'm not even PMSing.

3 comments:

Broomcakes said...

I have zero kids and I wonder the same things. I clean my house and I lose the time to work out that I want. I work out and I resent the dust balls that pile up. I sew and I feel like I should be doing something else. It's a constant struggle.
Oh did I forget that somewhere in there was maintain a meaningful marriage and keep up with my tv programs (obviously of equal importance)? Yeah, I don't know how they do it either.

Jaime said...

Oh yes. I forgot to add working out into that.
Ya know, my goal as a mother is to make Abby aware that putting yourself last is not right. BUT, how the hell are you supposed to do that? How am I supposed to prepare a healthy dinner, play with Abby, teach her things, exercise, and then have hobbies?
And then, when I do sew or knit. I feel greedy and get angry at her because she's nagging me and angry at myself because I'm flipping out.
This is life. It's not going to change. It's just there are good days and bad days. Today is a bad day.

Kris said...

Those people with 14 kids,clean houses and a career......they have housekeepers and nannies! ;)
I struggle with the same things, Jaime....so I have no advice,just letting you know you are not alone. *sigh*