This is a very easy pattern. I'm ashamed to say that it took me a bit longer than it should have. I made a version of this top before, but didn't like how it turned out, mainly due to the type of fabric. Like the last time, the top is a smaller size than the bottom. I am a true pear-shape!
This time, I used a regular knit fabric that I bought at a thrift store about a year ago. It's bright pink. Nothing I'd ordinarily wear, nor buy. BUT, it was like $1 for 2 yards. How could I not buy it? I'm glad I did because I really like the way it turned out.
Ordinarily, I would have added several inches to the bottom. I like my shirts long. I forgot this time, so I just compensated by adding some split panels at the bottom. I don't think it looks too bad. (Yes, I know there's lots of stray threads that need to be clipped.)
I am a bit bummed, however, that the washable ink that I used to mark pattern points did not thoroughly wash out. That is really disappointing, but I'm still wearing this shirt, dammit!
PS. I also would like to mention that today is September 1st. This marks the start of my two-month refashion pledge. That means, no shopping for *new* clothes! All clothing must be thrifted and/or refashioned. I'm excited!
ETA: I didn't hem the bottom, just used the overlock stitch on my machine.
PPS. Happy 6th anniversary to my awesome friends HLM & CPM.