Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's 5 o'clock Somewhere.

For the record, I strongly dislike Jimmy Buffet and the fact that you can't mention a margarita without his name coming up. But, I just did it, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

Anyhow, one of my sisters recently had a BBQ. I made the margarita cupcakes from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World," only, they weren't vegan. Go figure. I used real butter and real milk. I got some tequila from my sister. I was not spending money on tequila that I will never drink just to get a few tablespoons for a recipe. I have some tequila leftover and will probably make these cupcakes again. Soon.

I did had some sea salt to the frosting, which really helped cut the sweetness and added to the whole margarita experience. Very, very delicious. Those vegans know their margaritas.

No comments: