Thursday, March 12, 2009

Painting: Part One.


Ever since watching this, I've been itching to paint, which is sort of weird since I haven't painted anything besides walls since college.

I have been fighting the urge to buy watercolors for a couple of reasons:
1. I don't really like water colors. I find the way they run annoying and the color saturation isn't strong enough for me. I'm more of an oil paint kind of girl.
2. Do I really need to spend more money of crafty things?

Rationalization of the two arguments:
1. You don't have your oil paints anymore (where'd they go, Dad?!), and watercolors are more preschooler-friendly.
3. Not really that expensive, at least not for the middle-of-the-road ones. Watercolor paper on sale for $1.50, water color set $4.99. SOLD!

OK, I'm getting ahead of myself. This blog is not about the watercolors, that's the "Part Two." Today is part one. My mom's birthday is coming up, and I prefer to give her handmade things, especially from Abby. We headed to Michael's in search of a terracotta pot and some paint. Got both, came home, and got to work. I had no intentions of painting my own pot, but couldn't resist the lure of the bold colors! I cleaned off a dirty terra cotta pot from my garage and got down to business.

True, I don't know when to say when, but oh well, it was fun!
(P.S. No picture of Abby's pot just in case Granma reads the blog!)

No comments: