Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Want Something Good for Dinner.

The title of today's blog is courtesy of my husband. During our daily afternoon phone conversations, there's almost a sense of foreboding as I await the question: "What's for dinner?"
The conversation, I'm sure, is similar in most households:

Him: What's for dinner?
Me: I don't know, what do you want?
Him: Something good.

*sigh* I want something good too, but sometimes I just don't feel like making it.

Yesterday I made black bean soup. He wanted a sandwich, which then evolved into a quesadilla as an accompaniment. So, that's what he had for dinner. Black bean soup and a cheddar and onion quesadilla. I, on the other hand wanted cornbread. So, I made cornbread adapted from a few recipes and black bean soup. (I'm not mentioning the disgusting quesadilla I made for myself...I shouldn't even call it a quesadilla, it was melted cheddar in between 2 tortillas.)

And so, that was something good.

No comments: