Thursday, October 2, 2008

Apple Crisp.



I've had this recipe for years. I make it every autumn. Due to those two facts you'd think the recipe would be perfected. Nope.
I tried gala apples instead of granny smith. Eh. Too mushy.
Added more nutmeg. Nope. I don't know why I can't just accept the fact that I don't care for nutmeg in anything except pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread.
This one also ended up a bit soupy. Overall, I liked the crisp part better than the apple part. I'm thinking I just may make up some "crisp" and have it on hand as a topping for misc. autumny treats. (And I wonder how I gained those 20 lbs.?)

Recipe:
5-6 GRANNY SMITH apples
1c brown sugar
3/4c oats
3/4c flour
1tsp cinnamon (I don't measure, but I'm pretty sure I use more.)
1stp nutmeg (if you don't have a non-pumpkin aversion to it.)
1 stick of softened butter
1/4c apple juice or water

  • 375 degree oven.
  • mix apples with cinnamon and nutmeg and put in pie plate
  • blend remaining ingredients...top apples
  • pour juice over top
  • bake 35 minutes

No comments: